To be held Tuesday, January 22nd, 6:00 – 8:00 pm
Crossroads Christian Church Chapel, 10800 Lincoln Ave., Newburgh, IN
Youth First, Inc., Warrick County Cares, and Evansville Christian Schools (ECS) are joining to begin a discussion about the pros, cons and effects of social media on our children and youth. According to the Pew Research Center, in 2018, 95 percent of teens report they have a smartphone or access to one and 45 percent say they are online “almost constantly.”
Moderator Gretchen Muchnick, (ECS School Board Member, FC Tucker Emge Realty VP of Marketing, & WFIE News Personality), will guide a panel of local experts to provide insight to parents, youth workers and other adults who want to know how social media and screen time are impacting our children and teens.
- David McClary, ECS Campus Principal (grades 8 – 11)
- Mark Wickersham, ECSCampus Principal (grades 6 – 7)
- Officer Dale Naylor, Warrick County Reserve Deputy Officer
- Laura Keys, Youth First Director of Social Work
- Dr. James Schroeder, VP of Psychology, Evansville Easterseals Rehabilitation Center
- ECS Students – Kira Johnson, Junior, and Berkeley Neikirk, Sophomore
Local teens will share the ins and outs of the most popular apps such as SnapChat, Instagram, and Omegle, and how adults can keep children and teens safe while online.
The media is invited to attend.