Regional Development Officer
Fundraising management in Daviess County, Gibson County, Martin County & Pike County, Indiana
The Youth First Regional Development Officer (RDO) is responsible for increasing the organization’s capacity to engage the community across an assigned region within Youth First’s service footprint. Currently, this position has an emphasis with services in Daviess, Gibson, Martin and Pike counties. Aspects of the job include account/portfolio management, prospecting donors, securing supporters, developing/upgrading relationships, stewarding new donors, and providing an exceptional level of service and support to existing community partners. The Regional Development Officer works with the Development Director and the Vice President of Philanthropy as a member of the Youth First development team to create and execute a strategy that engages supporters and deepens partnerships through an array of development strategies, with a focus on prospecting and bringing new support to Youth First.
Reports to: Development Director
Roles & Responsibilities:
- With Development Director, develop and execute a strategy for securing individual, corporate, and foundation support and donations for Youth First in the assigned region.
- Plan and execute strategy to increase the following for each portfolio: financial commitment, individual and corporate involvement, and volunteer engagement.
- Provide recruitment and leadership of four (4) county advocacy councils to oversee volunteers, supporters, and advocates who will provide fundraising and awareness opportunities in Daviess, Gibson, Martin and Pike counties.
- Identify and secure corporate sponsorships for regional fundraising events.
Cultivation and Stewardship
- Ensure cultivation plans are in place for all portfolios and all aspects of plans are reviewed and updated on a regular basis, as well as executed.
- Represent Youth First at community events, developing and nurturing relationships with key community leaders.
- Ensure deliverables are met for each account. May include stewardship reports, meeting updates, Salesforce entries, proposal status, etc.
Grants, Proposals, and Donor Management
- Identify opportunities for grant proposals, and develop, edit, and submit grants, proposals and related reports. Work with development staff, financial staff, and leadership to create all proposal components, including value proposition for donor, narrative, impact/outcome metrics, budget, etc., in a timely and effective manner.
- Maintain pipeline and donor/prospect activity in Salesforce database. This includes accurate and complete records of donor contacts and communications.
- This position is responsible for significant revenue generation for Youth First in the assigned region. RDO will track and ensure fundraising goals are met for annual and long-term needs.
- The position requires travel within the region (75-80%) especially with regards to donor/client calls.
- This position serves as a member of the Development team assisting, when necessary, with other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Emphasis in Communication, Fundraising or Business is desired.
- Background in relationship management, sales or fundraising. Experience working in the non-profit sector is a plus but not required.
- Proven experience securing grants and working with diverse philanthropic communities preferred.
- Corporate and/or individual sales experience may be substituted for fundraising experience.
- Significant expertise with the area’s funding community highly desirable.
- Familiarity with philanthropic and community leadership is desired.
- Strong knowledge of the organization’s mission, values, programs, services and corporate culture is highly desired.
- Ability to relate well and work effectively with multiple constituencies and audiences.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Knowledge of office systems: MS-Office preferred and fundraising database systems (e.g. Salesforce.com).
- Team player committed to developing and working within a collaborative environment and to ensuring the highest customer service orientation.
- Excellent written/verbal communication, interpersonal and presentation skills with experience presenting to varied audiences.
- Pro-active, self-starter with a can-do attitude required.
- Strong negotiation, presentation and problem-solving skills with experience marketing to diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, coordinate multiple projects and work effectively with community groups.
- Capacity to deal comfortably and professionally with corporate and community leaders is essential.
- Willingness to travel and work some weekend/evening hours is required.
- Requires frequent travel within the region (amount will vary depending upon size of geography of region).
To apply, interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and list of three (3) references to Ali Langen, Development Director, at email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Youth First will not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, assignment, evaluation, promotion, discipline, termination, or any other employment action on the basis of any characteristic or class, which is now or may in the future become protected by law. Employment with Youth First is based solely on qualifications and competence for the particular position to be filled. Since such qualifications and competencies are not peculiar to any type or class of individuals, and since Youth First recognizes the value of a diverse workforce, there will be no discrimination in employment decisions and actions on the basis of age, race, gender, color, national origin, disability, religion, marital status, or sexual orientation.