https://youthfirstinc.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/340x156_YouthFirst_logo_color-300x138.png 0 0 Youth First https://youthfirstinc.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/340x156_YouthFirst_logo_color-300x138.png Youth First2020-07-15 12:13:572020-07-15 12:13:58Healthy Relationships with Your Teen
Healthy Relationships with Your Teen
- Read the same chapter of a book each day and discuss it.
- Find a mutual interest in a TV show or movie and watch it together.
- Leave positive and encouraging notes for them around the house.
- Be present.
- Get up and move. Do activities together that at least make you break a sweat.
- Get lots of fresh air.
- Discover their abilities and challenge them.
- Be a good listener. Sometimes they just need you to listen. No advice, no direct-ing…only listening.
- Validate their feelings.
- They are never too old for hugs!
- Eat at least one meal together each day.
- Have schedules, rules, consequences and chores.
- Don’t expect perfection and have grace for one another.
- Encourage teenagers to follow their passions and help them learn how to go about this.
- Encourage a growth mindset and set goals together.